Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Post Op - Day 1

Lexi is doing good.
She had a pretty good night. She was rather uncomfortable around 4:30 am and we spent quite awhile trying to relieve her of her stuffiness she has in her nose. Lexi does not like the oxygen through the nasal prongs, but we've managed to get her to keep it on.
She got some of her "tubes" out (IV lines, catheter, & monitoring devices) and removed this morning. She ate a good breakfast of eggs, ham, & cheese this morning with chocolate milk to drink and hasn't had anything since besides ice chips. She has been in quite a bit of pain since they discontinued her IV automatic pain meds and she now has to request them. I am sure in a 4 year old mind, she doesn't understand yet when she needs to ask for them. I just had to finally tell the nurse to give her something because she was miserable but she kept refusing to accept the medicine when they asked her if she wanted it. She has been awake most of the morning reading some books with the volunteer, blowing bubbles (to help expand her lungs), and watching some TV.
Kym (heart mom to Isie) came by to say hello and dropped off a few things. It was good to see & chat with someone besides medical staff. Don't get me wrong the medical staff at PCH is great but it's nice to see a friend.
She is now finally resting peacefully. It breaks my heart to see her in so much pain. She just keeps complaining that her whole body hurts. We've been waiting for physical therapy to arrive and of course, they finally arrived after we got her all settled down and resting. She hasn't been out of bed yet and I know that is a goal for today so that will likely come later this afternoon sometime. Thanks for all your prayers. We hope the recovery will get a little easier for her in the next few days.

3 comments:

Mel & Maxie's Mama said...

Dear Erin,

Your family is in our prayers and we are thinking of Lexi.

Lisa Lynn
Melrose and Maxine's Mom

jotool said...

Erin,
It sounds as though Lexi is making progress and I am glad to hear she was able to atleast eat a good breakfast. I have been anxiously checking in all day to see how it is going.I hope the progress continues and I will continue to check in!!!! Love and miss you all!!
Jenny

queensage said...

I love you guys so much I'm praying my heart out or Lexi!!

Love Auntie Sage