This week was a really big week at our house. Probably bigger for mommy than Lexi. Lexi was invited to attend vacation bible school at the school she will be attending in the fall. After she conquered the big hurdle of potty training we immediately enrolled her in VBS. I was so excited and couldn't wait when I signed her up a couple weeks ago; but as Monday morning came near I was terrified and so sad. I broke down in tears on Sunday after realizing what I had done to her and myself.Monday morning I pulled it together though and dropped her off and she immediately ran to play with the other kids. I said good-bye like 3 times and didn't want to leave my little baby who has now become a little girl in what seems like overnight. All morning I sat by the phone waiting for it to ring (wondering is she going to have a potty accident, is she using her please & thank yous, is she okay without me, did she fall on the playground, etc. . . ). I couldn't wait to pick her up and ask her about her day. Question #1: Did you keep your panties dry? "Yes, mommy - you so proud of me?" Question #2: What did you make at craft time? "A bracelet - I lost it, I'll never find it" Question #3: What did you have for snack? "Goldfish and juice - I made a mess!" And that's pretty much how the whole week went. On Wednesday, she told me that she cried for me during the movie because "I just wanted my mommy, I missed you!" Every day she was excited to go to "school" and see her friends.
On Friday, they held a music program for the parents and then we had a picnic lunch and water slide fun afterward to celebrate the week.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Vacation Bible "School"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
They should have played flash dance beagel for Lexi! She looks so cute and grown up.
Lexi is way too cute!! What a big girl, I'm sure you and Rick are so proud of her. You've done such a good job!
Post a Comment