Last week we met with Dr. J (another pediatric cardiologist) to see what his thoughts were on Alexis' heart condition. After doing another echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart), O2 saturation levels, and physical exam he came up with the following plan and observations. There appears to still be some tight muscle tissue underneath her pulmonary valve. So he has put her on a medicine that is supposed to relax her heart so that the tight muscle underneath her valve can relax and hopefully that will allow the blood to move and flow more freely thru her pulmonary valve. Dr. J says that Alexis is the boss (like we didn't already know that ;) ) and we will just have to wait and see if her heart responds well to the medicine and if this plan is going to help her. We are praying that this works and prolongs the need for open heart surgery anytime soon. One day at a time is how we handle her condition and are so very blessed and thankful for all the thoughts and prayers that have gotten us this far. And with all of this going on with her heart she still manages to party like a rock star at her friends' birthday parties!
Monday, July 14, 2008
In someone else's eyes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so happy!! I hope it is a long time before The Pea has to have surgery. I think about her everyday. I love you guys!!
Post a Comment